Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tar Beach and Tea

Finally, a beautiful day with not much to do...
so I decided to stock up on some 
Vitamin D to ward off the evil C. 
Why not a dip in the pool?...Oh wait, I don't have a pool...had one last year?? 
You see my lovey decided that we needed a bigger, better pool last fall, so we ripped out the old pool the surrounding deck too, to make room...
Only to find out that he may not have a job in 3 months. 
So we waited through the winter months looking out at our frozen mud hole till spring. 
Alas, it's spring...the job is gone, the hole is filled and 
our lawn has just increased an additional 20' x 40'....
But hey, I am a Sagittarius for F's sake...I need sun! 
Then I remember our early days of marriage 
no kids, living in a swank condo in the city...
What did I do then?? Tar beach of course! So I grabbed my chair, oil and tea 
and off to the driveway I go...the only thing missing is my reflector...perhaps Mentalpause will let me hang at her pool in exchange for shooing the ducks off..or milking her cows...

I'm just sayin'


Have a sunny day,
Jules

6 comments:

david mcmahon said...

We always have sunny days here in Australia. Even in winter!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's a bummer! 103 here today...we definitely went in the pool.

Mental P Mama said...

You knucklehead. I told you to come over. Besides....I need those cocktail recipes.

abb said...

Here's to a bigger and better pool!
It'll come...just imagine it...ommmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the pools gone! I would definately be veging out in Mental Mama's pool until you're able to get a new one.
Cheers to the sun and good friends who have pools :)

WORKING MOM said...

That's better than a pool. Can I join you next time???Pleeeaaaase???